Although I am worried about my lateness (for a change) in updating my blog, I am very very much concerned about my dissertation topic!!
I know I haven't updated my blog last term, which I should have done 3 times, and I have done none! Maybe it's because I am Brazilian, and all brazilians have the tendency to leave things to do at the very last minute!! In this case, though, it might get me in trouble with my grades!! I hope not!!
Well, about my dissertation topic, I am still completely lost! I have no idea what I'm going to choose! And the presentation is next week!!

Sometimes, I get myself thinking, and I have millions of vague ideas, and then I feel like I'm the middle of the woods (above) and have no idea where to go, and feel so lost that wouldn't even have the strength to look for some way out, just want to sit and cry!
I know it might sound a little harsh, but that's how I feel at the moment!
I'm not sure, but I think it is like this also because I just got back from my holidays, at home, my cosy, nice, beautiful home, and came back to problems and more problems at my "home" in London! So, maybe this is intensifying my feelings in general! But I get even more desperate now, in the begining of the term, that we found out that there's a lot of work, and bigger ones to do, plus the thesis!! It's going to be a hard one. But I'm aware I HAVE to get through it! Hopefully I will.
Honestly, I do not like this feelings... but can't hide from it!
I need to start to think rationally back again and make a decision about my topic!
I just wish I had a little more time, to talk to James or Peter about it. So James, if you read this, expect my email. I would like to talk to you (if possible before the presentation, which I just found out is next week). And I'm not even close to be prepared for it!
I know this blog should be about our topic and not our problems, but I kind of needed to get this off my chest! Thank you for that!
And maybe, just maybe some very bright light will shadow over me this weekend, and give me some brilliant idea for my dissertation topic!!
Thank you once again!! sorry to be whining about things!
Paola
1 comment:
Hi Paola:))
Do not worry-you are not alone. I think most of us have exactly the same problem.
My suggestion is to think deeply what you are interested in, maybe something from your home town:)or your previous works, assignments that you were preparing, and made a feeling of something interesting that you would like to learn about or find out more. Maybe you have a festival or exhibition, that you really like and would like to share that information with other people. You can also check why other people like it...
I am also thinking, if we can give suggestions to existing or create new events. I can see that you miss your home, so maybe your work could be about events there, and lets say you could propose some improvements or give ideas to the local council about new events.
I hope that could help you a bit. So, good luck and hopefully soon, you will come across a brilliant idea:))
Post a Comment